Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jerry Rice


"Today I will do what other won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't" - Jerry Rice

Jerry Rice's work ethic is almost legendary at this point.  Its one of the reasons he was able to come back from a torn acl in record breaking time and also why his career lasted as long as it did.

I'm amazed at the sense of entitlement some kids have these days.  We've all had the situation come up where there's a position battle between a more talented kid and a harder worker.  Personally, I'm playing the harder worker every time.  I don't want to feed the ego of the talented kid and let them see by my actions (who plays more) that their talent trumps everything I'm preaching about work ethic and toughness.  I also believe the kid trying to get by on talent alone will never maximize their potential and always let you down when it matters the most in postseason play.  The hard worker is going to give you everything they've got and always maximize whatever potential they have.  Also I believe its best for your team and the player to sit the more talented kid early and make them give effort. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home